Saturday, May 3, 2008

Well hello there people who read this.. not sure if many do but thats ok. It's quite fun taking time out to think about whats been happening over the last month or so. I am blown by the provision, faithfulness, love and reality of God- my friend and saviour. 
WOW. What a God we serve.  The pictures below are a little taste of what I've been up to. In mid april I headed down to Taupo, levin, then Wellington. I spent a night with my parents, two nights with my Anna and Mike ( sista and bro n law), then spent 5 nights in Wellington. I attended the Aglow national Convention which was held at Parliament. I have recently come on to the board of Aglow to  head up the generations project. I am really excited about this, and am expectant at what God is going to do through this. I've just started so things will start to unfold soon.  The conference was awesome. I felt humbled to be there, and know that it was a significant event in our nation.  The Aglow International CEO was at the conference and it was so cool to hear her messages, and spend some time talking about the generations project and what God is doing around the world.  
After being in wellington I headed back to Taupo for a week and helped at Kids Camp. It was another awesome week. It was TOTALLY different to the conference , but its awesome to know that GOD does NOT change, his heart for his creation- us humans - is always the same - full of absolute Love and passion.  It was fun to be at camp and hang out with young ones who have so much energy and zeal for life.  I love how children especially are so open, hungry and willing to trust and just be real.  WE can learn alot from the children. 
This last week I have been having  a quieter week at home, catching up on sleep, and visiting friends. I spoke at an Aglow meeting here in Tauranga on Thursday and that was a good time. This week I will be doing some relief teaching - which I'm excited about as I love to connect with young people. I'm heading to Auckland on Friday for the memorial service of the precious students and teacher who died from Elim Christian College ( school i use to teach at). It will be a very special yet I'm sure sobering celebration of their amazing lives. 
This morning at Church we had an awesome sermon on LOVE...! Definitely one of the most important things we need to be doing.... loving God and loving others.  As the days move closer and closer to the return of JESUS we need to be constantly aware that our Love needs to grow stronger. It says in the bible that Love of most will grow cold.  Its a challenge to us all to keep the love in our hearts growing every day. We can  only grow in love as we spend time with the best lover ever - which is Jesus... so be encouraged to come to Him and let you love tank be filled so that you can then share love with others.
on that note... i will close. till next time.. love and blessings,, katie 




1 comment:

the dogfood said...

hey cool, someone i know who does a blog.
ian