Monday, December 31, 2007

I'm in SOUTH KOREA

Hey there people
i have made it to south korea... after an 11 hour trip to Hong Kong and then 3 hour flight to Pusan. We stayed overnight in Hong Kong at the Novotel... that was fun. Went to church in the morning as it was sunday, stayed for about an hour and joined in. Was a very cool experience. We met some lovely people- they were so friendly and really interested in what we were doing. We had to leave the service early as we needed to get to the airport. The pastor prayed for us as a team- very cool, and I also gave a greeting to the church.. the others had someone managed to leave the service earlier.

We arrived in Pusan at about6.30pm.. got picked up by John Bailey the camp co-oridantor and we got driven on the uni bus to the uni- we got taken to our rooms- we each have our own room, we settled in and then we had dinner with the teacher assistants. My assistants name is Sumi - she is a very sweet young woman. Our group name is the Monkeys- we have already has some fun monkeying around.

We met our kids this afternoon after the opening ceremony. Us teachers had to sing a song as an item - we sung God of wonders - and I accomponied on the Piano. I have 14 beautiful 12 year olds - which are actually like 10 year olds in NZ- the age system is different to ours. Apparantely tomorrow all the kids turn 13 as it is a new year- kinda crazy to me, but thats ok.

I am just gettting ready to teach my kids again, am going to play some games with them to try and get them interacting more with each other. I'm really enjoying it so far.. and know that the Lord surely did bring me here. Its a real honour to be able to teach children and impart life to them.

oh.. its VERY cold here. ITs HOT inside but FREEZING outside. Really need God to keep us well.... mum i' m taking my vitamins ok... hope you are smiling at that.

Anyway... i better go, the kids will be here very soon.
love you all
katie

1 comment:

Alicia said...

yay ur there!!! im glad ur having such a great time. luv ya!!