Thursday, January 24, 2008

Am back in New Zealand.


Hello everyone, Just wanted to write to let yall know that i'm back in NZ. We flew in Wednesday morning at around 8am. Was a great flight from Hong Kong. Unfortunately I didnt manage to sleep on the flight so I ended up being awake for around 36 hours... I did have a great sleep in my own bed last night. Im now trying to get tired..so i can go to sleep again but I am still on Korea time.

My time in South Korea was really awesome. Im so grateful to the Lord for providing me with the opportunity to be part of the Camp. Its always a priviledge to go to new places - representing the Lord,,, and sometimes I think NZ too..


While I was away I heard that Jay Jays clothing store in NZ released a new label of clothing called little loosers... i was quite disturbed about it. I remember sitting in my classroom after getting the email from Family first and praying for NZ... and then for once i took some action and wrote to the Company... I was soo excited today to hear that they were taken off the shelves. the power of PRAYER and ACTION.. I know many people would have responded to this. I hope that you are encouraged from this.. Like I was today!!


I think leaving NZ makes me realise the things I need to be grateful for, but it also wakes me up to the things that I think we need to change.


I really loved the simplicity of faith of the Christians I met.. and the churches I visited. It was very refreshing to get some new perspectives on things.


I have come home and feel at peace about 2008.. I feel like it is going to be a year of NEW BEGGININGS.. It stared with a new thing - teaching in South Korea... and I know there are more new things in store.

Over the next week I will be having a break - hopefully getting a sense of direction for the rest of the year.. I am excited.. and also aware of really keeping my eyes fixed on Jesus and not people, or things..


I better go and try and get some sleep.... heres a wee pic of me trying to sleep on the plane.. its not the best shot... but its what i need to be doing now.

blessings lots

2 comments:

HisPrincess said...

I loved your fresh and "can do" attitude. We still have "little losers" on the shelves here in Aust. My teenage daughter thought I was the WORST parent in the world because I wouldn't let her buy some VERY short shorts which said "I don't care if you hate me" on the front and "Because I hate you more" on the back. There were much worse one's than that and I was really dissapointed because DD loves to shop in Jay Jays because they are so much more affordable than the surf brands and (almost) as cool. I'm thinking I will just buy her the surf brands. At least they aren't offensive.

Unknown said...

Well done Katie for taking the challenge to go to Korea. Now here's a funny story I have for you. Just this Sunday gone, we welcomed in an International student, who has come for a year to live with us. We have a shy 12year old Korean girl who's name is Seung Hu, although she wants to be called Suzanne. She speaks very little English, & knows nothing of Jesus. PTL! We can reach the nations, even in our own home.